Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Action Replay On Hdloader

Gallows Pole


Gallows Pole

Hangman, hangman, hold it a little while,
Think I see my friends coming, riding many a mile.
Friends, did you get some silver?
Did you get a little gold?
What did you bring me, my dear friends, to keep me from the Gallows Pole?
What did you bring me to keep me from the Gallows Pole?
I couldn't get no silver, I couldn't get no gold,
You know that we're too damn poor to keep you from the Gallows Pole.
Hangman, hangman, hold it a little while,
I think I see my brother coming, riding many a mile.
Brother, did you get some silver?
Did you get a little gold?
What did you bring me, my brother, to keep me from the Gallows Pole?
Brother, I brought you some silver,
I brought a little gold, I brought a little of everything
To keep you from the Gallows Pole.
Yes, I brought you to keep you from the Gallows Pole.


Hangman, hangman, turn your head awhile,
I think I see my sister coming, riding a many mile, mile, mile.
Sister, I implore you, take him by the hand,
Take him to some shady bower, save me from the wrath of this man,
Please take him, save me from the wrath of this man, man.
Hangman, hangman, upon your face a smile,
Pray tell me that I'm free to ride,
Ride for many a mile, mile, mile.
Oh, yes, you got a fine sister, she warmed my blood from cold,
Brought my blood to boiling hot to keep you from the Gallows Pole, Your brother
Brought me silver, your sister warmed my soul,
But now I laugh and pull so hard and see you swinging on the Gallows Pole
Yeah, swingin 'on the gallows pole!

(Traditional Arranged, "Led Zeppelin III", 1970 Atlantic Records)

La Forca
(translation edited by Angela Branca and David Wisdom)

Executioner, Executioner, wait a minute,
I think I see my friends coming, after a long ride.
Friends, you have silver?
Avete un po' d'oro?
Cosa mi avete portato, amici cari, per sottrarmi alla forca?
Non ho potuto portare argento,
non ho potuto portare oro,
sai che siamo troppo poveri, dannazione, per sottrarti alla forca.

Boia, boia, aspetta un attimo,
mi sembra di vedere mio fratello arrivare, viene così da lontano.
Fratello, hai dell'argento?
Hai un po' d'oro?
Cosa mi hai portato, fratello, per sottrarmi alla forca?
Fratello, ti ho portato dell'argento,
ti ho portato un po' d'oro,
ti ho portato un po' di tutto per sottrarti alla forca,
sì, ti ti ho portato di che sottrarti alla forca.

Boia, boia, volta la testa un attimo,
mi sembra di vedere mia sorella arrivare, dopo una lunga cavalcata.
Sorella, ti prego,
prendilo per mano,
portalo in qualche luogo nascosto,
salvami dall'ira di questo uomo,
ti prego portalo via,
salvami dall'ira di quest'uomo.

Boia, boia, sul tuo viso un sorriso,
please tell me I'm free to ride,
ride for many miles.
Oh, yes, you have a lovely sister,
has warmed my blood was cold,
did it become hot
to escape the gallows, yes.
Your brother brought me silver, your sister
I warmed the heart,
but now I laugh and pull strong
and I see you hanging from the gallows,
yes, hanging from gallows, hanging from the gallows.

(From "LED ZEPPELIN - All lyrics with translation against - 1994 Arcana Editrice)

I never stopped to think better of this wonderful piece tradizioneale appropriately transformed in the capable hands of Led Zeppelin. Besides being an extremely popular, great for evenings in the local noise, and just as compelling, has a history behind it, I had the pleasure to discover.
The origin of this ballad is to be traced back to an old traditional piece called "The Maid Freed From The Gallows", which was later adopted by the storyteller blacks in the southern states in America.
tells of a girl who is brought to the gallows, and in short time following the first to be hanged, she saw several people running to get his name to her, hoping that some of these can help you escape the inevitable fate that conviction. At first, some are relatives, including his father and brothers, but they are all too poor to save her from the gallows, and reveal that they are there only to witness the execution. Finally, comes the lover who finally brings the gold to ransom his wife.
Riccardo Venturi study highlights the fact that the woman has been convicted of losing a highly valuable item - that metaphorically represent virginity before marriage. Hence the penalty capital, which is better for the historical period, and direction given to the repurchase by the lover.
The ballad ends well, of course, as the last stanza.

Led Zeppelin modified this piece, while keeping the structure intact, or a composition in verse repetition with small changes. Their contribution was mainly in the growing realization that the beautiful introduction rises steadily with the addition of new instruments as the characters come to save the anonymous pay one another in an attempt to appease the "wrath of the Executioner ". The crescendo goes perfectly with the structure of the ballad, because of the repetitiveness of its parts, which lends itself to every new cycle of renewal of the instrument compartment.
The most important change is in the text. The piece, initially, was traditionally tied to a metaphorical and symbolic meaning, and it was instructive. Morality was tied to the importance of keeping intact the virtue, to avoid a death that very often it was more spiritual, not physical.
when the ballad began to spread in America, certainly has acquired a different moral value, which has evolved in the last version of the Zeppelin.
The basic variant del finale, infatti, conferma questa sua trasformazione: qui il boia, nonostante sia stato riempito di doni, abbia approfittato della virtù della sorella del condannato, e sia stato quindi soddisfatto abbastanza per liberarlo, si dimostra spietato, e porta a termine l'esecuzione, non nascondendo un ghigno che rivela sadismo.
E' una metafora e un messaggio quello che gli Zeppelin cercano. Il messaggio è legato alla contestazione della pena di morte, che si concretizza nella sua visione come cieco strumento che non ascolta la ragione, che non si pone il problema dell'umana compassione e della pietas. La metafora è da legarsi all'inelluttabilità della vita, a determinati cambiamenti che non possono be implemented, because there is a superior will, most often human, which denies this, and takes everything in its tragic end with no solution.
inelluttabilità The grin is written on the Executioner who carries out his task in spite of everything, and that denies any possibility to change the course of things, and therefore denies the same life.

Links:

Wikipedia: Led Zeppelin III


Credits:

Songs Against War

0 comments:

Post a Comment